Saturday, January 30, 2010

My progress at 6 weeks old

I went for my check up and vaccination appointment with Dr. Tan on Tuesday, 26th Jan.

I weighed 5,25kg and measured 59cm long(tall).
Dr. Tan commented that I am a big baby and putting on weight fast and well.

I took 3 vaccines in all...
the 6-in-1 jab, the pneumococcal jab and the rotavirus oral.

Then the entire day I was our with Waipo and Mummy at Bugis Junction...
Mummy brought Waipo down to make her glasses.
We had dinner with Uncle Vid, who came to join us after work.
Mummy felt I had been a pretty good boy today...as i slept quietly in the stroller most of the day, and only made some cries when i want milk. Mummy managed to do a little shhopping for herself...which she has'y done so for a long time... ...
Comparing to when we last went Vivocity last month, both Mummy & Waipo felt that I had been a much better noy today... :)

Generally, it is veru likely for babies to develop fever after vaccination.
But my Kor Kor Asher never really develop fever after all his vaccinations till date...
As for me, I started to run fever on that night...as it hovered around 38.3degrees to 38.7degrees, mummy did not give me the fever medicine, but sponged me with damp cloth throughout the night and checking my temperature frequently while i sleep... ...by the morning, my fever totally subsided le. ;p

Mummy believes in building up our immune system while young, so we can be stronger.
Hence, she avoids giving us medicine as much as possible.
In fact Kor Kor also hardly ever takes medicine till date... ....

let's hope the only concern after my 6 weeks checkup will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. He is tall & big..Ethan at 6 weeks weighed only 4.884kg & 52cm only..Ayden has the potential of being China"yaoming"..

    u must be awake the whole night doing sponging....Gotta take care..

    ReplyDelete