Saturday, January 2, 2010

The day I came...(continued from 1st post of 15th Dec 2009)

Oh yah... I cleanly forgot I was supposed to continue with the story of when I first arrived.... ....
Continued from my first post on 15th Dec 2009.

at 1plus AM 15th Dec 2009
my heartbeat was detected too fast
see the top left hand corner "181"
suppose to average 140plus to mas 150plus
so mummy had to take oxygen for some 2 hours
to see if it could help bring down my heartbeat...
luckily it did...
Next morning 8am...settled in the delivery ward...
Mummy felt lonely after Daddy went off for work...but she tried not to think about it...
so she got up walk around, took pictures of the anything and everything in the ward...
and even took a bath...
Not as much contractions as the night before and even if there were any, they were far apart...
dilation still at 4cm...
this is to monitor the contractions...
it churns out a chart sort of report...

making herself stay cheerful to fight the lonely battle

And yeah!!! finally daddy came back at 2plus almost 3pm...
in time enough to go through the toughest part of the labour with mummy...
By about 4plus PM, mummy started taking the "laughing gas" when dilation was 5/6cm onwards, whereas when she had Kor kor, she started only at 8cm.
taking in the Laughing gas...
it has a slight numbing effect...

at some point, the pain was so bad at the waist/spine area
that mummy thought if she should have just gone for epidural instead?!
"it is a lie...who said 2nd one is easier and faster?????!!!"
Mummy kept asking for the doctor, but nurses kept assuring her it is fine...talk to them also the same.. but how to tell them, mummy trusts the gynae more?!
Then the nurses kept switching on the "surgical lighting" and then only to switch off and walk out again...it only dampens mummy's morale and mood...
Then I was out!
5plus pm..


Me!
These are the things they do to me(all babies) upon my arrival...
measuring my head circumference...

taking my height/length

stretching to make sure it is accurate...

some cleaning...

taking my weight...
all the nurses exclaimed I was such a chubby baby
despite mummy's built...

nicely cleaned and wrapped up

"labelled" and presented

Yeah! I am a Boy!
Mummy, you got to try for Mei Mei again next time!!
i will pray for you, together with Kor kor Asher... ;p
P/S: Daddy, if there ever will be a 3rd or subsequent sibling for us to come by, please don't do something funny again...
During Kor Kor Asher time, you thought he is out and SMSed the whole world about it...when in fact he is still in mummy...
Then now during my time, you actually exclaimed "wow, such a big syringe ah!!!" to mummy when she simply does not want to know about it...
Daddy, you must learn to be more "xing mu" and not do such things le...
though they are quite a nice memorable JOKE!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is you did a brilliant job in Ayden's delivery...Ethan & family will also be praying hard that you will have a mei mei on your 3rd try..

    ReplyDelete